Ferrero Rocher milk shake for Kids – my upcoming post!
Thank you note for a wonderful award, yeahhhh my first one :)
An adorable foodie blogger friend of mine, Dassana of vegrecipesofindia, recently nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. This really took me by surprise as this is my first ever award since I started blogging (June end last year). I felt really great coz to me it is a very sweet feeling! I am so thrilled and honored to have Dassana acknowledge my work this way. Who doesn’t like to get noticed or awarded??? And I am no exception
About Dassana –
One of the first blogger who commented on my blog, I loved comments coming from her because I had then recently started my blog and was in the learning stage which still I am in. She is one person I found to be too low profile and humble; I always love her posts and the way they are so honestly shared with all of us. I am a regular reader of her space. Her space has many wonderful easy recipes with a mix of Indian Vegetarian to European & some Middle East recipes. I have tried few recipes from her space and have also started using sesame seeds & flax Seed health blend from her space in my dishes. Thank you dear for the Versatile Bloggers Award and stay the way you are always……God Bless .
Do check out on her lovely space for some wonderful, mouth-watering recipes ~
And now, It’s time to show some link love and pass on the award :
- Thank the person who passed on the award to you
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Pass on the award to 7 or 15 more bloggers
- Let the bloggers know about the award
Though there are lots of blogs that are common between me and Dassana, most of them have already being awarded. Still I have few more names that I would love to mention out here. I have been mostly a silent blogger and a silent visitor on many blogs because I feel I am still in the learning phase and way to go before I go aggressive in the blogging world!!!!
I am forwarding this lovely award to few food bloggers whom I admire, these blogs I have been following and I love their space for various reasons –
- Anzz Café – I am obsessed by Anzz blog; she is a homemaker, based in Bahrain and is blessed with two little angels – Irene and Ryan. Most of her recipes revolve around her angles and that’s one common thread between us. My daughter too adores Anzz space for all sweet reasons. One of my upcoming posts is going to be from Anzz’s space the stained glass cookies, which my daughter is going to bake along with me as I promised her before her exams .
- US Masala – I love this blog and the awesome clicks by Puja. Her space is a mix of all cuisines not to miss the flavours of Bihari and UP cuisines also some great Mexican, French,Thai, Italian,Geek recipes. Her space is too colourful and refreshing. There are many recipes from Puja’s space that I simply adore. I love her clicks too much!
- Love2 cook Malaysia – Another sweet blog, love the simple & easy recipes from Love2 cook Malaysia. Again a blog which has lots to talk about her Prince and Princess – Rishie & Ashika & lovely kids recipes too. I love quite a few recipe from this space the yummy Potato Puffs, Eggless condensed milk cake, a dessert out of sweet corn and the list goes on…
- Velvet Aroma – Opps it’s Flip cookbook – Raj & Sonia’s super blog flip cookbook where you will find recipes which are gluten-free, sugar-free, lactose-free, vegetarian, vegan & Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD)! I love there sweetest weekly virtual potluck get-together known as Sugar Free Sunday. A must check space and along with that not to miss their new venture Velvet Aroma. I am proud to be part of it and love checking out recipes from various other bloggers all across the globe through VA.
- Sindhi Rasoi - A versatile blog with specialities from the famous sindhi vegetarian cuisine, I love those traditional recipes from Alka’s space. You will find some very unique recipes out there. I have been following Alka’s space for quite sometime now and love learning from her wonderful space.
- Food for 7 stages of life – One of the blogs that I follow from long. I love Radhika’s space a lot. I still remember how first I reached onto her space, it was for learning some photography. She shared in her space some wonderful insights on food photography and a must read is her “How to build out a light box for food photography”. Her space has a mix of all cuisines, not to miss some real good South Indian recipes too. I love her kesar pista kulfi recipe post and the clicks too. One of my fav from her space.
- Health Food Desivideshi - A wonderful space from Sangeeta, known for all healthy recipes. Her love for ingredients clearly shows in her recipes. Her cooking incorporates the principles of Ayurveda and Macrobiotic diet too. She also has two other blogs equally famous and worth checking - banaras ka khana & ayurveda on my plate. Do check them out too!!!! I love her posts on healthy food and health related topics. A must check is her detox recipe section too!
I hope I have done justice to this award & Thank you once again Dassana! I truly appreciate your kindness.
Request please do forward this award to your favorite bloggers and help build awareness about other wonderful blogs too through this medium – after all who doesn’t loves to be recognised & appreciated!
Now my turn, little tough for me to write this one out but I will go by the flow.
Seven random things about me –
- I was a full-time working mom till I left my highly demanding corporate job recently and now I love to be called a “home maker”, though feel this is a thankless new job role . I have worked for good 15 years in telecom and aviation Industry with companies like British Airways, United Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Air France, and Vodafone…. LOL too big a list!!
- I am a spiritual person and strongly believe in the supreme power, I hold a strong faith in Shirdi Sai Baba and am thankful to Baba for showering his blessings on me and my family.
- I am an emotional parasite. My tears flow too frequently but with time I am learning to control them. I workout 5 days a week with a mix of aerobics(cardio) and yoga. It has surely helped me become a balanced personality from within.
- My biggest weakness – my children – they are my world! I am blessed with a daughter and a son, Anshika & Saamyak. My daughter is my princess – so loving and caring (guess all daughters are like this), she is big time into art and craft and is obsessed with empty boxes – makes “best out of waste” and my cool dude is a brat but a loving darling and as of now surely a mamma’s boy. He is one person whose favorite sports keeping changing so fast…earlier he was a soccer freak (all 7 days different soccer jersey’s after school, the FIFA fever) and now he is into cricket (already broken 2 bats and now 3rd in pipeline, balls lost so far are uncountable), god knows what is next in line from him.
- I am a classical Katak Dancer and have practiced for good number of years during childhood & have performed on stage many a times during my school days, I also know various other Indian traditional dance forms….. “Have feet – DANCE”….I am a good dancer in my kitchen too….hehe!
- I love travelling and exploring new places both within India and Abroad, learning about new cultures and people is what I like the most and now of course capturing the world through my lens too.
- I love eating fruits and can live on them forever…..I can eat any fruit you give me without any second thought. When I was a child I used to eat around 10 – 12 oranges at a go, that’s what my mum told me when I grew up – coz I never counted when I hogged those oranges then and I don’t count them even now…..:).
Well that was about me!!!!
Signing off for now till something new happens in my kitchen that is worth sharing!