MAD Soul Soup
Food For Thought
MAD thumb rule – Life is Beautiful …LIVE IT!!!!
MAD tip 3 –Healthy v/s Unhealthy
I read an article on how many of us have or rather choose for a healthy breakfast option to start our day… The result made me write and share with you on this particular important topic which we generally tend to be ignored.
Morning starts with a hectic schedule ahead, where our corporate job is waiting for us with loads of activities to do during the day… you getting ready for work and your mind is already super active and mind has reached office much before you also because mentally you already have reached office, Your thoughts ……Boss calling in his cabin, team meetings, reviews, MIS to be sent. What happens to us is really we also don’t know… we all get ready and ignore our breakfast thinking will have something on the way or when reach office… the choices we have are mainly muffins, pastries, patties, burger, wafers, cheese toasts etc.
Unfortunately, when it comes to being healthy, none of these options is a great way to start your day. Either we don’t have time for breakfast, or we don’t have many healthy options. So both the scenarios are really dangerous of our health, and if we don’t have time for breakfast means we starting our day empty stomach which means that by the time you are getting into the swing of work, your blood-sugar levels are dangerously low. The result: you need an instant sugar fix, which usually means a pastry or some other unhealthy choice.
Secondly if we don’t have a healthy option is also another problem, because mainly traditional breakfasts don’t usually come in healthy flavors but if we try and move out of our comfort zones then YES, there are unlimited options for all of us. But to start our day with a thought of having a healthy breakfast will automatically ensure us a great day ahead because our body will support us throughout the day.
We generally look for too fatty options or high sugary or carb rich food which we need to consciously avoid.
Actually if you think there are too many things that we all can eat as breakfast and that will be healthy too!! I will share with you few such options……
- Wake up 15 minutes earlier than your regular time, I feel it is always good to wake up early and have a relaxed start of the day, no hurry – no worry.
- Egg white with multigrain bread, can make scrambled or boiled as per choice
- A bowl full of muesli with milk and honey
- Idli’s with chutney
- Bowl of oatmeal with strawberries and honey
- Plain Dosa or protein rich dosa (mix dal)
- Tofu mixed in veg salad with juice
- Fresh fruit salad
- Boiled beans
- Sprouts mixed in tomatoes and onions
What all you should keep in mind for a healthy breakfast option is high proteins without too much saturated fat. Go in for a high fiber and rich nutrient, whole grain carbs, low-fat dairy or soy options.
To eat Healthy or Unhealthy???? ……Choice is yours.
MAD Tip 2 for healthy living – A HEALTHY BODY = A HAPPY U
Life holds different meaning for all, but has humans we often tend to crib even if a smallest of thing doesn’t go our way. We all expect a lot from life and which I feel is quiet natural but somewhere in managing our day-to-day requirements we forget ourselves and our very own existence on this earth. So stop for a while and think who you are and what you want in life? I am sure we all will have answers to these on top of our minds but the things that we wish in life are only the materialistic ones then where are the thoughts of our being healthy, fit and happy lost????
We always say to ourselves Life is tough! Life is sick! Why all bad things come to me… NOW FOR A WHILE LETS STOP THESE THOUGHTS AND SAY TO SELF-
“Life is so easy! Life is so good! All good things come to me”
Let’s all try practising and see our life with a different meaning altogether, I am trying this so felt like sharing with you all too…hope it helps!
- Believe in yourself
- Always smile
- Be positive ( if negativity comes in SWITCH…immediately switch your thought to MAD thumb rule)
- Thank god for your existence
- Forgive all
- Give 15 minutes to your body everyday – focus on fitness, exercise, walk, practise yoga, dance
- Go green
- Respect all
- Show empathy
- Last of all remember the MAD thumb rule “life is beautiful” LIVE IT!!
MAD tip 1 -
Life is beautiful…Live it!! Smile and keep smiling the perfect way to live. The biggest secret of life… enjoys it in every phase.
Beautiful things happen in our lives every day. Just open your eyes and see life is beautiful as rightly said everything happens for a reason. Life has lots of ups and downs and we just need to learn the art of handling them and coming out of tough situations more strong and controlled.
There are lots of beautiful things around us and it’s only about how we see them. We need to be positive in all situations.
As rightly said … No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. So get up,what are you thinking about.. Do things you always craved to do, do things that make you happy, do things that spread happiness to others….There’s a purpose to life’s events, to teach you how to laugh more or not to cry too hard. “Remember – life is the way you want it to be… so why not start to live with positivity and control your thoughts because your thoughts become the things in your life”.
As said by many well-known speakers, Let’s start with few steps that will help you feel life is beautiful and it really is –
- Believe in you – you must feel good about you. Believe can work wonder. Belief can achieve the impossible.
- Think positive – it’s impossible to feel bad and at the same time have positive
thoughts. So work on the positives and try to avoid negativity coming in your
thoughts. Let go the difficulties from your past as you are the only one who can create the life you deserve.
- Don’t Stop…in any situation don’t stop…an old saying…if you fall from the horse just dust yourself and get back on the back of the horse before you lose your nerves. Just remember don’t stop!
- Live with 3 E’s – enthusiasm , empathy , energy and 3 F’s – faith, family, friends.
- Life is too short to wait hating anyone …forgive everyone for everything.
- Do the right thing; what other people think of you is none of your business.
- Be thankful to god before you go to bed at night.
- Dream more while you are awake.
- Treat yourself with love and respect and you will attract people who will show you love and respect.
- Life is to live…live it beautifully!!!!