Homemade Fresh Figs Marmalade Recipe
I am a big fan of Figs, be it fresh or dried. I am simply obsessed with figs and somehow always rate them higher in my eating list. I eat dried figs┬ámore than the fresh ones because I feel we do not get that┬árich quality fresh figs out here, but recently when I saw fresh figs while ordering my online grocery from towness, I was too tempted to order fresh figs. I was happy I finally got nice fresh figs from towness. I used these figs in making Fresh Figs Marmalade, Figs Ice Cream and rest I used in my fruit salads :)!
This figs marmalade is so delicious that I would not want this to finish and best about this is that all my picky eaters at home also liked it. I kept it simple and have not added many ingredients┬áto this recipe and may be I┬ácan experiment┬á little more with this recipe next time by adding few more spices to it┬á. Till then I am here sharing with you all a simple easy yet super delicious Fresh Figs Marmalade recipe.
Next on my list is to make Fresh Figs cake. Anything with Figs is always a big YES for me!!!!
Not to miss, clicking this marmalade took the hell out of me, certain days are like this and this was one of them. Just to share with you all that I got real frustrated while clicking this super delicious marmalade photo because I was not able to reach to the picture I had imagined and I wanted and literally had to give up though my daughter came to my rescue by lending a helping hand but by then my mind was already out of control and I was not in the mood to take any kind of help, poor she , I guess this happens many times to most of us who all are into food blogging. I am still into the learning phase though when it comes to food photography and feel way to go!
However after so much of effort in trying to get the right pictures, I could┬ámanage to get these pictures which I am sharing with you all here and I hope you like these :). This time cooking marmalade was easy for me┬ábut clicking got tough :)!
So here I go with an easy recipe of Homemade Fresh Figs Marmalade ….. Happy Cooking!
Homemade Fresh Figs Marmalade Recipe
- Fresh Figs - 500 grms (14-15 fresh green figs)
- Granulated sugar - 2 cups
- Lemon Zest (grated) - 1/2 lemon
- Lemon Juice - 1/2 lemon
- Cinnamon Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Water - 1 cup
- Wash Figs nicely.
- Take a non-stick pan, add water to the pan, when the water is about to boil add in chopped figs to it. Lower flame and stir.
- Keep it on low flame and continuing stirring in-between.
- Cover and let the figs cook and get tender, press the figs a little to get to the jam / marmalade kind consistency with a wooden spatula.
- Now add in sugar and mix gently.
- Add in lemon zest to it and continue to cook on medium-low stirring occasionally.
- Cook till the marmalade gets little thicker, if you want your marmalade to be more thick, cook for few more minutes.
- Mine took about 50 minutes to cook.
- Add in lemon juice, cinnamon powder and switch off the flame.
- Allow it to cool, marmalade will get thicker on cooling.
- Best served warm or else can be refrigerated for a week or 10 days.
- Serve this marmalade on toast, crackers, biscuitÔÇÖs, Indian paratha, cake and even ice creams.
- When cool,pour into a clean jar & close the lid tightly.
- Store in a dark and cool place.
I have not combined sugar and chopped figs and kept them overnight, however if you wish you can keep sugar and chopped figs overnight and start the cooking process as mentioned in my recipe the next day.
Before pouring the marmalade into the glass jar, please ensure it is nicely cleaned and sterilized.
Do not pour hot marmalade, allow it to cool and then pour into the sterile jars.
For making the fig marmalade, please use undamaged fruit,else it will spoil the result.
Also while making any kind of marmalade or jam, please ensure all the equipment you use are clean and dry.
Always leave the marmalade to settle off the heat for 10 -15 mins once setting point is reached to prevent the fruit rising to the surface when poured into the jars.
To check on the setting point of the marmalade, place some hot marmalade onto a plate and place it in to the fridge for 15 mins. After that push the edges of the marmalade with your index finger, it is set when it all wrinkly and thick, it does not go back when pushed with your index finger.
Do not overcook.
On cooling the marmalade with get thicker so check and adjust accordingly your cooking time.
Enjoy this delicious Fresh Green Figs Marmalade at home !!!!┬á