What better way to start a new year post in my blog than a yummy chocolate cake!! I have been obsessed recently with baking and am fully trying my hands on it,learning to bake cakes,cookies and much more. Now after few experiments and innovations, I have started feeling am not that bad and can really do well in times to come….so wait and watch my space for more baking recipes, trust me you will love it. This cake recipe is dedicated to my kids because I prepared it for them and they really enjoyed eating it.
Ingredients for cake –
- All Purpose Flour – 1 cup and 2 tablespoons
- Castor Sugar – 1 cup
- Unsalted Butter – 1 cup
- Cocoa Powder – 2 tablespoons
- Baking Powder – 1 1/2 Teaspoons
- Eggs – 3
- Vanilla Essence – 1 teaspoon
- Walnuts chopped – 1/2 cup
Ingredients for Dark Chocolate Frosting -
- Dark Chocolate – 1/4 cup
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Powdered White Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Gems and chocolate chips for decoration
Preheat oven for 15 minutes before you put the cake in for baking, I switch on my oven for 15 minutes at 180 degrees when I start preparing for the cake.
Step by step, let’s start –
- Take two big bowls
- In one big bowl add melted butter (kept at room temperature) and add sugar to it, mix with a hand blender for few minutes.
- In the second bowl sieve maida, cocoa and baking powder together.
- Add eggs one by one into the first bowl in which you have mixed butter and sugar, keep beating with the hand blender or with a wooden spatula. After you have added all the eggs to the bowl, put vanilla essence to it, vanilla essence is added so that the eggs smell vanishes.
- Now add the maida and baking powder mixture to the first bowl and mix well with the spatula and then with the blender lightly. Do not over beat, just mix till well combined in low-speed.
- Add chopped walnuts to it and mix well.
- Pour batter into the greased and floured cake tin. Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 45 minutes, after that open the oven and check with the help of a toothpick if cake is baked fully by inserting into the cake and if it comes out clean indicates your cake is ready.
- Place on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
Recipe for Dark Chocolate Frosting
Melt the Dark Chocolate and Butter in a pan (in the microwave for few seconds) or on a very slow flame, after that add milk and keep stirring it well. Add sugar to the mixture and keep stirring it continuously so that no lumps are formed. When the frosting starts thickening ( in few minutes) and you can remove the pan from flame, the frosting starts thickening with bubbles. Let it cool for few minutes and pour it on the cake. Apply the frosting on the entire cake by spreading it with the help of the knife or cake scraper ( I have sliced the cake into two halves and applied chocolate frosting in between also), this is purely optional else you can just apply the frosting on the entire cake only. Add toppings of your choice ( I used Choco chips and gems as my kids love them).
Enjoy it with your loved ones!!