Chocolate Dipped Strawberries | Valentine’s Day Special
One among the most popular desserts at home & the easiest to prepare. A lovely combination that never fails for most of us. Chocolate dipped Strawberries! Its yummilicious and a beautiful treat to the eyes too !
I have never celebrated Valentine’s day, may be I come from a different school of thoughts (for me every day should be special and full of love with your family) but then I don’t feel like depriving my small little space without a mention of this special day, often I make these cute little dumplings for my kids as an after school snacks dessert, my kids are my WORLD and this holds true for every Mom !
This is a super easy dessert recipe and you really don’t need any expertise in making these for your loved ones, one can be as innovative as can be with this recipe. I made these for my kids so I have used colored sprinklers to top the chocolate dipped strawberries knowing that my kids will like it this way only. At times I also decorate these with colored gems or flaked chocolate. But you can use chopped nuts in place of sprinklers or even Choco flakes.
It is surely a delight when you serve these to your family. My kids love it and it’s a regular at home. This dessert takes about 10 – 15 minutes to prepare, and about 20 -25 minutes to place in the refrigerator. But few seconds to finish the entire plate.
In India we really don’t get big strawberries the ones that are available in some parts of the world which are bigger and richer. So to make these, I used toothpicks for the stems and it’s easier to hold, serve and eat .
Here we go with the recipe …enjoy !
What all is needed -
- Fresh big strawberries – 10 -12 ( preferably with stems, rinsed and patted dry )
- Dark Chocolate grated – 1 cup
- Toothpicks – 10 -12
- Colored sprinklers or chopped Nuts
Here is what I did with my strawberries -
1. Take a plate and cover it with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Now take a microwave safe bowl and break the chocolate into small pieces. Melt in the microwave by heating for 30 seconds.
3. Stir the chocolate after every 10 seconds and again heat for 10 – 15 seconds. It should not burn so stirring in between is important.
4. The chocolate should be melted and smooth.
5. Wash the strawberries and dry them gently with a soft towel.
6. Since my strawberries had no stem, I used toothpick in the stem end.
7. Now dip each strawberry in the chocolate, and ensure the excess goes back in the bowl. Dip about three-quarters of the way to the stem or the end. ( I dipped a little more because my kids love it this way).
8. Repeat this process gently for all the strawberries.
9. Now sprinkle some colored sprinklers over the chocolate dipped strawberries or else pour the chopped nuts ( you can even roll the chocolate strawberries in the chopped nuts).
10. Set these chocolate dipped strawberries on the parchment-covered plate, and refrigerate for about 15 – 20 minutes. This will help the chocolate to harden a bit before serving.
11. Enjoy these with your loved ones !