ALOO┬áDA PARATHA┬á(Stuffed Potato Paratha)
- 2 boiled Potatoes
- 1 small finely chopped Onion (optional)
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Small piece of Ginger (very finely chopped or grated)
- 1 or 2 green Chilies (finely chopped)
- ┬╝ tsp of Ajwain (carom seeds)
- Salt to taste
- Red Chili powder and Garam masala to taste
- Oil to fry
Whole-wheat flour (atta), as you would do for any parantha/roti. Mix the atta with Luke warm water and add little oil and kneed┬áit to proper dough. Let it rest for about 15 mins before you make the parathas.
Mash the potatoes; add finely chopped onions, green chillies, very little chopped ginger, cilantro / coriander leaves. Add salt, red chilli powder, garam┬ámasala powder and Ajwain┬áto the mashed mixture and mix it properly. Make two medium size chapati, add the filling to the one chapati┬áand cover it with the second one. Now roll it slightly. Put it on the pre heated tawa. Apply oil to the top of the paratha┬áand press with the spatula, when top side is done change the side and keep a check till properly fried from all the ends and centre. Spread butter over it. Serve aloo┬áparatha hot with yogurt (curd) and Indian pickles.