ALOO DA PARATHA (Stuffed Potato Paratha)
- 2 boiled Potatoes
- 1 small finely chopped Onion (optional)
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Small piece of Ginger (very finely chopped or grated)
- 1 or 2 green Chilies (finely chopped)
- ¼ tsp of Ajwain (carom seeds)
- Salt to taste
- Red Chili powder and Garam masala to taste
- Oil to fry
Whole-wheat flour (atta), as you would do for any parantha/roti. Mix the atta with Luke warm water and add little oil and kneed it to proper dough. Let it rest for about 15 mins before you make the parathas.
Mash the potatoes; add finely chopped onions, green chillies, very little chopped ginger, cilantro / coriander leaves. Add salt, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and Ajwain to the mashed mixture and mix it properly. Make two medium size chapati, add the filling to the one chapati and cover it with the second one. Now roll it slightly. Put it on the pre heated tawa. Apply oil to the top of the paratha and press with the spatula, when top side is done change the side and keep a check till properly fried from all the ends and centre. Spread butter over it. Serve aloo paratha hot with yogurt (curd) and Indian pickles.